Un dia sin ti

 
Un día sin ti
one day without you
Hoy hay entre los dos el pasar de una vida
today between us there is a life that is passing
el pesar de mis noches
the grief of my nights
el morir de mis días
the death of my days
sin saber si aún eras mía, eras mía
not knowing whether you were still mine, you were mine
hubo un tiempo en que yo no quería dar un brazo a torcer
There was a time when I didn't want to give in
pero el alma entregué porque seas mía
But I gave you my soul in order you were mine
sin saber que hacer con tu alegría...
without knowing what to do with your happiness
(1)
y tan lejos de mi
and so far away from me
te encontré.....
I found you
a golpe de mirar
striving to see
a punto de decir que ya no estoy aquí
I am about to say that I am no longer here
y tan cerca de mi
And so near to me
yo te hallé....
I found you
cuando busqué sobre mi hombro vacío
when I look over my shoulder 
y encontré tu compañía...
 and I noticed that you were accompanying me
-
Cuánto puede cargar tu vida sola...
how much can one life put up with?
cuánto dura una noche
how long is a night?
cuánto pesa dos vidas
How much do two lives weigh?
sin saber que hacer
without knowing what to do
si son distintas, si son distintas
if they are different, if they are different
hubo días en que tú diste tu brazo a torcer
there were days that you gave in
te ahogaste en el mar de mis recuerdos
you drowned in the sea from my memories
sin saber nadar....
without knowing how to swim
repeat (1)
y tan lejos de ti
and so far away from you
yo me hallé....
I found myself
tan solo recordar
I only need to remember
a pasos de tu risas
the sound of your laughter
y frente a tu mirar...
and in front of your look
y tan cerca de ti
And so near to you
me encontré...
I found myself
al preguntar si aún estaba vivo
On asking if I was still alive
y encontré :eras mi vida.
I found that you were my life